Morningstar TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB-TR Controller
Morningstar TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB-TR Controller. With DC Transfer Switch (600V; 30A double pole; double throw DC Transfer switch). Shown with optional Morningstar TS-M-2-600V Digital Meter.
Morningstar TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB-TR Controller leverages Morningstar’s innovative TrakStar&trade MPPT technology and our 20+ years of power electronics engineering excellence, to enable the widest input operating voltage range available from a solar array, wind turbine or hydro input. This controller’s standard and DB versions are for off-grid applications.
Rated for 60 Amps, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller does much more than efficiently charge batteries; it also provides remote communications, data logging, adjustability and metering. In fact, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller is the only 600-volt PV controller to offer open communication protocols and true Ethernet-enabled functionality.
Key Features & Benefits
Morningstar’s products are built from the inside out to deliver more than twice the industry average operating life. The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features:
- The industry’s best-in-class power efficiency
- Morningstar’s advanced 4-stage charging algorithm to optimize battery health
- Robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design
- Environmentally optimized and equipped with extensive electronic protections
- Industry standard open communication protocols and interfaces for system networking, monitoring and communications
- Superior lightning protection from nearby lightning-induced voltage/current spikes
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller's high voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
- Adding modules incrementally with no string sizing issues
- Off-grid PV systems greater than 150 Voc with long wire runs from the array to the controller
- New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
- Retrofitting string PV inverter systems to later add battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
- Battery-based Wind systems
Other brands survive harsh conditions. Morningstar thrives in them.
With more than 25 years of experience and well over four million products in over 100 countries – most of them still in operation – Morningstar has truly earned its reputation for building the “world’s leading solar controllers.” At Morningstar, the word “reliability” means a lot more than a marketing adjective. Morningstar’s employee-owned culture works hard to maintain the lowest hardware failure rate in the industry, because our own reputations literally ship with every product.
That’s why system designers of the most mission-critical solar energy installations around the world insist on Morningstar components, and why you should too on your next project. From mineral mines in South America to telecom repeater stations in Canada, from gas wells in the Middle East to mountain peaks in Nepal, Morningstar technology and legendary quality make the difference between success and failure – and make renewable energy a practical, cost-effective, and long-term solution.
All Morningstar MPPT (Multiple Power Point Tracking) Controllers have TrakStar™ technology to maximize energy harvest by operating the system at the maximum power level possible.
- Rapidly sweeps the entire solar I-V curve
- Recognizes multiple power points during shading or mixed solar arrays
- Provides superior performance at sunrise and low solar insulation levels
TrakStar helps reduce system cost in three ways:
- Enables using less expensive high voltage (on-grid) modules for off-grid battery charging
- Reduces cable sizes by using a higher voltage solar array to charge a lower voltage battery
- Decreases the number of solar modules needed based on the extra energy harvest (boost)
- Morningstar TriStar MPPT 600V Charge Controller Datasheet
- Morningstar TriStar MPPT 600V Installation & Operation Manual
- Morningstar Ground Fault Protection Device Datasheet
- Morningstar DIAGRAM: Charging with Parallel Controllers
- Morningstar DIAGRAM: Correct Inverter Wiring
- Morningstar DIAGRAM: Parallel Battery String Wiring
- Morningstar PWM vs. TrakStar MPPT Technology
- Morningstar TrakStar MPPT Technology and Maximum Input Power
- Morningstar Product Accessory Compatibility Matrix