OutBack Power SBX5048-120/240 SkyBox Inverter 5kW 48VDC
OutBack Power SBX5048-120/240 SkyBox Inverter 5kW 48VDC 120/249 VAC 60Hz True Hybrid Energy System
True Hybrid Energy System
In a world of changing energy needs, complex utility rates and growing grid instability, SkyBox goes beyond both simple grid-tied and off-grid designs by creating an entirely new class of renewable energy system— a True Hybrid Energy System. By combining the economic benefits of a grid-tied system with all the independence and self-sufficiency of an off-grid system, SkyBox redefines simplicity, intelligence, flexibility and control.
- Easy To Install and Own: Installs like a grid-tied inverter, but with support for energy storage, SkyBox is engineered for simplicity. A fully integrated design supports larger strings and fewer components— cutting solar + energy storage installation time by up to 75%.
- Power Perfected: SkyBox intelligently measures and controls power to and from any connection point (utility, solar, battery, generator and load), dynamically optimizing energy distribution, consumption and transactions—perfecting the way power is created and consumed.
- Seamless Energy Storage: Manage your personal energy grid. Leverage the benefits of energy storage to bank solar energy when the sun is shining and use it later when utility rates are high. Or, install SkyBox now and add energy storage later. SkyBox lets you do either.
- Total Energy Management: OPTICS RE lets owners control 100% of programming parameters while monitoring when, where and how energy is generated, consumed and stored—from any internet-connected device. And it’s built into SkyBox so it’s ready to use on day one.
- Extensive quality and reliability testing, including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT)
- Years of experience manufacturing products for fault intolerant, mission-critical applications
- Standard 5 year warranty (extended 10 year warranty available)
- Field upgradeable software
- Backup power and support for time-of-use optimization
- Compliant with California rule 21 and Hawaii 14H grid support requirements
- Works with the widest variety of 48V battery chemistries
- NEMA 3R
- Easy and fast to install
- Clean balance-of-systems, all in one box
- High PV voltage input allows long strings
- Dynamic power management
- Ability to support any new regulations
- Configure and take charge of your solar with any internet connected device and OPTICS RE