To change the voltage on the MidNite Solar CLASSICs Charge Controller, perform a soft factory reset. Here are the some of the steps you can follow:
- Make sure no PV is connected
- Switch the breaker off between the CLASSIC and the battery bank
- Wait a few seconds, then switch the breaker back on
- Immediately press the [left] and [right] arrow buttons and hold for 7 seconds
- The CLASSIC will then restart using factory settings and ask you what your input source is. Select your input source.
- Confirm your nominal battery bank voltage. At this point your CLASSIC is now programmed to the new battery bank voltage.
- Continue through all of the normal setup steps as described in your instruction manual.
Instead of performing a factory reset, can I reprogram the MidNite Solar CLASSIC charge controller to change the battery bank voltage?
No, you cannot reprogram once the battery bank voltage has been set. You must perform a soft factory reset.